- Additional information
- Reviews (0)
ABU PRO MAX (SPIN) SMALL SIZE REEL
Here’s a heads up for all those angler looking for a compact, lightweight spin reel that will serve a broad range of applications in the estuaries, lakes and rivers, both salt and fresh. The key features of the Abu Pro Max spin reel range are the astonishingly low price and their simplicity. To top it off, you get a fabulous looking reel too, with some serious spool porting to give it the contemporary, sport fishing look.
While simple in construction, performance is anything but, with 7 bearings, a lightweight graphite body and rotor, and Machined aluminium spool providing smoothness and strength. With simple, elegant design, comes robust performance and durability. This is the perfect light class fishing reel for the angler that can be heavy on their gear so to speak. The Pro Max is smooth enough too satisfy most anglers but will be an ideal purchase for the newbie and novice.
You can point your Abu Garcia Pro Max Spin Reel Small Sizes 20 or 30 at most Aussie inshore favourites. Great for Trout and Bass in the fresh rivers and Lakes and Ideal for casting lures for Bream and Flathead in the bays and salt rivers.
Ideally suited to both braid and mono, the angler preferring to drift Yabbies over banks, using traditional mono lines, will really enjoy the Pro Max. As will the lure caster tossing soft plastic fishing lures at flathead.
The lure angler will love the casting manners of the Pro Max. Slow Oscillation, combined with the Rocket line management system and the Rocket Spool Lip Design, will enjoy hour after hour of tangle free casting as the line lay is smooth and even, and the line, whichever type you use, will peel off the spool with ease. Casting is always long and accurate and free from tangling inducing loops.
The Abu Garcia Pro Max Spin Reel Small Sizes 20 or 30 are likely to prove extremely popular. Deck out the family with a set of Pro Max reels before the holiday season, and beat the rush.
Features and Specifications
|Model||Approx mono line capacity||Weight (g)||Max Drag (kg))||Retrieve per crank (cm)||Gear Ratio|
|PROMAX SP20||8lb / 130 yards||256||6.4||69||5.1:1|
|PROMAX SP30||8lb / 175 yards||261||6.4||74||5.1:1|
- 6 + 1 bearings
- Lightweight graphite body and rotor
- Machined aluminium spool
- Everlast bail system
- Slow Oscillation
- Rocket line management system
- Rocket Spool Lip Design
- Small Size fishing reel – suitable for fresh or saltwater light fishing styles
- Image for illustration only – price is for 1 reel. Slight differences to image may occur.
Fishing Application and Fishing Rod Suggestion Guide
The 20 and 30 Size Pro Max reel are small size fishing reels ideally suited to either freshwater or saltwater fishing in lakes, dams, rivers, harbours etc. We recommend pairing the 20 size reel upto a 6-7ft rod with a rating around the 2-5kg mark and for the 30 size we recommend a 6-7ft 6 inch rod with a rating around 3-6kg
- 6+1 bearings provides a silky smooth crank, which is brilliant when under load
- This is an ideal reel for cast lures. The lightweight body and rotor mitigate against fatigue under hours of relentless casting
- Casting manners are superb. The slow oscillation provides an even line lay while the Rocket Spool Lip Design, in combination with Rocket Line Management system, ensures better control as your line peels off the spool.
- Durability is also a feature of your Pro Max. The Everlast Bail System was designed to eliminate the common issues associated with one of the more fragile components of a spin reel
The Abu Garcia Pro Max Spin Reel Small Sizes 20 or 30 will be brilliant, lightweight inshore all-rounder fishing reels. Ideal for fresh and salt and perfect for those anglers on a tight budget but still demanding quality and serious durability.