- Additional information
- Reviews (0)
PENN CLASH REEL (SMALL SIZES)
Take a quick glance at the Penn Clash Reels sizes 2500 & 3000, you have to be impressed. The styling is of catwalk proportions. Take a closer look inside however and you will discover a fishing reel perfectly suited to a demanding variety of inshore light gear applications. Ideal for salt and fresh, the features and specs of the Clash see it well placed to dominate most species you will encounter while casting your light plastics and hard bodies at fish holding structure.
Bream anglers will find it sensational for cranking the racks or, ‘pink grubbing’ the banks in the warmer months. Bass hunters will find the Clash very capable when set to slow troll with an electric motor past sunken logs and trees in the middle reaches of the fresh. Out on the bay, drift a drop over with a grub tail for hungry Whiting and expect to bag out easily. It’s here you may encounter the 90 plus Lizard. Don’t panic! You have oceans of drag and a spool loaded with more than enough braid or mono to be patient, and play it to capitulation. Drag power and overall reel strength are a highlight of the Clash, and allow you to feel supremely confident when the pressure is on.
Casting manners are outstanding, so this reel is not just for the boaties. You will find that with your line so well managed on the spool, you will gain significant distances each cast as your line unfurls from a well packed, uniform position. 8 Sealed stainless steel ball bearings and the CNC GEAR Technology give you silky smooth operation, particularly under load. Get yours now to bolster your light kit arsenal.
Features and Specifications
- Reel body is full metal
- Techno Balanced spinning reel rotor
- CNC GEAR construction technology
- HT-100 drag washers (made of carbon fibre)
- Ball Bearings: 8 (stainless steel) + 1 Anti reverse bearing
- Heavy duty construction bail arm wire
- Rubber gasket on spool for those that wish to fill entire reel with braid and no backing
- Line Capacity Rings
- Leveline Oscillation System that allows line to be laid in a more even and accurate manner.
Note: Images for illustration purpose only – differences may occur.
Size Specific specifications
Model: Penn Clash 2500 Reel
- Mono Line Capacity Guide: 6lb/255 yards, 8lb/175 yards , or 10lb/140 yards
- Braid Line Capacity Guide: Braid, 240yards /10lb, 220 yards/15lb or 160yards /20lb
- Gear Ratio: 6.2:1
- Line per turn: 825mm
- Reel weight: 238 grams
Model: Penn Clash 3000 Reel
- Mono Line Capacity Guide: 200yards/8lb, 165yards/10lb, 120yards/12lb
- Braid Line Capacity Guide: 250yards/15lb, 180yards/20lb, 130yards/30lb
- Gear Ratio: 6.2:1
- Reel weight: 286 grams
Fishing Applications and Fishing Reel Selection Guide
These models of Penn Clash are classified as small size – therefore as a guide only places where you would be most likely to use a Clash 2500 or a 3000 would be in rivers, lakes, bays and sheltered waters (either fresh or saltwater). To target any species such as Bream, whiting, Australian bass, trout, flathead and a range of other light weight target fish.
When choosing a rod to go with a Clash 2500 we would suggest again as a guide only a rod around 6-7ft in length with a line rating of anywhere around the 2-5kg mark.
For the 3000 much the same with a line rating of 2-6kg mark ideally. There are plenty of rods that will work with these sized reels outside of our guide, but our suggestions are the most common typical applications.
- 6 and 8kg respectively of Penn Dura Drag is clearly a significant feature in reels so small. Coupled with generous line capacities, the Penn Clash 2000 or 3000 fishing reel will punch well above its weight.
- Either of these Penn clash reels for sale would be a great choice for the finesse angler that doesn’t want to feel ill prepared for the unexpected monster.
- CNC GEAR Technology coupled with the 8 sealed bearings will provide incredibly smooth operation and durability.
- The Trio of the Leveline Oscillation System, Techno Balanced rotor and perfect spool dimension provides great line management and excellent casting properties.
- The instant Anti reverse bearing provides a solid feel that promotes confidence and ensures hooks are set.
The Penn Clash Reels sizes 2500 & 3000 are nigh on perfect for working all of your inshore, light gear targets. Importantly, you will never feel under powered should a rare record size specimen take a liking to your little minnow. The Penn Clash Reels sizes 2500 & 3000 are for sale now and accessibly priced.