- Additional information
- Reviews (0)
PENN BATTLE II FISHING REEL – MODEL 2500
The Penn Battle II 2500 fishing reel was created to be a pocket-book friendly option for all anglers. Penn worked long and hard to develop a line of fishing reels that would be suitable for everyone, making them a brand that anyone can afford regardless of how much you could potentially spend. They have created a spinning reel that is not only affordable but brings in all of the style and characteristics that a true angler desires.
As a lighter reel the Penn Battle II 2500 is well suited for rivers, lakes, and streams targeting light – medium sized fish. The drag is considered moderate but can withstand some tough battles. With the full metal body, side plate, and rotor this reel is made to last. When you purchase the Penn Battle II 2500 you’re not just getting a standard reel, you’re getting a piece of fishing equipment that was designed to do its job well.
Features and Specifications
- Model Penn Battle II 2500 (Spinning Reel)
- Monofilament Line Capacities (yards/lb): 255/6 – 175/8 – 140/10
- Braid Line Capacities (yards/lb): 240/10 – 220/15 – 160/20
- Attractive yet functional form
- Increased durability with a full metal body
- Precise gear alignment
- Exceptionally smooth HT-100 drag with carbon fiber drag washers
- Sturdy metal side plate and rotor
- Instantaneous anti-reverse bearing
- Aluminum bail wire
- Superline spool
- Braid Ready rubber spool rings
- Suitable for saltwater rivers, freshwater lakes, and harbour fishing.
- Gear ratio is 6.2:1
- 5+1 ball bearings
- 290 grams in weight
- 6kg max drag
Note: Image for illustration only – small variations such as handle shapes can vary
Fishing Applications and Fishing Rod Selection Guide
Once you have your Penn Battle Reel it is important to pair it with the perfect rod. For your new Penn Battle II reel we suggest that you stick with a rod that is around 6 to 7 feet and has a line rating of around 2-5kgs. Selecting a rod can be difficult as there are a broad range of options to choose from. Follow our guideline and you’ll be able to find the perfect fit without all of the hassle.
- The attractive styling will ensure that it looks good with any fishing rod you use. Some say that style doesn’t matter in fishing but we beg to differ. It always feels good to have a nice looking reel.
- The Penn Battle II features a durable full metal body, side plate, and rotor ensuring that you purchase will last for years to come. No one wants a reel that needs to be babied. This Penn Battle II is built to survive just about anything you could put it through.
- The trademark Superline spool ensures that no backing is necessary. The handy rubber gasket keeps the lines from slipping.
Ideal for a variety of waters makes it the perfect choice for many of your fishing needs. No matter where you’re heading the Penn Battle II will be your go to reel.