- Additional information
- Reviews (0)
ABU GARCIA REVO MGX REEL – SPIN
The new ABU Revo MGX Spinning Reels are available in finesse sizes 2000, 2500 and 3000. They are lightweight, diminutive, have a classy meets techno aesthetic and are profoundly strong. The Revo MGX range were designed for those light weight spin enthusiasts who expect that little bit more from their fishing reels. They’re for a discerning buyer, impressed by quality engineering, weary of fad style inclusions and difficult to impress. Even the toughest critic will be impressed with the new Abu Revo MGX reel. The list of inclusions leaves little technology behind. The ABU Revo MGX Spinning Reels present the best of modern spin reel design.
All the sizes in the Abu Garcia Revo MGX see you working the rivers, creeks, bays and harbours for all of our favourites. You’ll dominate the fresh and saltwater with your new Revo MGX fishing reel. Casting manners are incredible and you’ll flick your light plastics all day long, enthused, and fatigue free. Ideally you will be targeting species such as Bass, Trout and Yellow Belly in the fresh and Bream, Whiting and Flathead in the salty stuff. 3-5.2kg of Carbon Matrix drag (depending on which size you choose to purchase) will see you rise to the top should a larger than average member of our common species decide to get really grumpy. Choosing between the 2000, 2500 or 3000 size will come down to line strength preference but there is truly very little between the few other than that. Reels this size are about precision and sport. They’re fished light to get the best from finesse lures, where balance is paramount. The ABU Revo MGX Spinning Reel, for all those that love the thrill of hard action on light kit. They are shallow spool reels designed for braided lines without backing.
Features and Specifications
- 11 stainless steel HPCR Salt Shield ball bearings + 1 roller bearing
- Shallow spools – designed for precision fishing with light braided lines only (no backing)
- AMGearing (machined gearing)
- Computer optimized (COG) gear design
- C6 carbon rotor and body
- Rocket Line Management System
- Abu Garcia’s Rocket Spool Lip Design concept
- Handle body is compact and bent carbon design touched off with an EVA knob
- Slow Oscillation for better and improved line lay
- Machined aluminium braid ready spool (braid not included)
- Aircraft grade aluminium main shaft
- Abu Garcia K-Clutch anti-reverse System
Note: Price is for 1 reel only – Choose from our ordering menu the size you prefer – Images are for illustration purpose only – slight differences may occur
Model Abu Garcia REVO – (MGX2000S)
- Gear Ratio: 5.2:1
- Max Drag 3kg
- Approx Braid Capacity: PE 0.6 /100 Metres
- Line retrieve per turn: 750mm
- Approx Weight of reel: 175 grams
Model Abu Garcia REVO – (MGX2500S)
- Gear Ratio 5.2:1
- Max Drag 5.2kgs
- Approx Braid Capacity: PE0.8 / 150 metres
- Line retrieve per turn: 825mm
- Approx Weight of reel: 185 grams
Model Abu Garcia REVO – (MGX3000SH)
- Gear Ratio 6.2:1
- Max Drag 5.2kgs
- Approx Braid Capacity: PE1.2 / 150 metres
- Line retrieve per turn: 875mm
- Approx Weight of reel: 198 grams
Fishing applications and fishing rod selection guide
So the Abu MGX2000, MGX2500 and the MGX3000 are fairly small reels designed for light weight river, harbour, lake and bay fishing mostly. Therefore, the type of fishing rod that you will be typically looking for to match either of these MXG is one around the 6-7ft mark in length. Kg class will vary a little depending on what size line you want to run on the rod but we would typically suggest looking for a rod with a rating of around 2-4kg for the 2000 size MGX reel 2-5kg for the 2500 and 2-6kg approx rating for the 3000 size. You may have your own ideas outside of this scope and that’s fine, but should you require a little help just get in touch with us.
- 11 Salt Shield ball bearings provide performance longevity and support the AMGearing for super smooth operation.
- Up to 5.2kg of Carbon Matrix max drag depending on which model you choose not only stops fish in their tracks but does it very smoothly through the whole drag range.
- The slow oscillation combined with the rocket line management system provides uniform spooling and excellent efficiency and control as the line peels from the spool during casting and fish runs as well as a more even line lay when retrieving the fishing line.
- There is incredible weight saving in the C6 carbon rotor and body without the loss of strength.
- K-Clutch kicks into gear instantly on strike. There is no play at all, ensuring every chance of sinking the hooks first go.
- The braid ready spool works brilliantly with either mono or braid as you can tie your line directly to the spool without the need of backing. (line not included).
- AMG and CMG (gearing) combine to provide velvety smooth operation at a super-fast gear ratio.
The new ABU Revo MGX Spinning Reels, size 2000 2500 or 3000 are outstanding light spin reels at the affordable prices we have come to expect from ABU Garcia over the years. This is truly a phenomenal list of inclusions considering the price. Durability is assured and you will enjoy a very long working life from your ABU Revo MGX Reel. ABU Garcia, just getting better and better. Grab your Revo MGX, for sale now.
MGX 2000S, MGX 2500S, MGX 3000SH