- Additional information
- Reviews (0)
PENN BATTLE II FISHING REEL – MODEL 5000
The PENN Battle II 5000 is looking awesome in classic PENN black with gold trimmings and highlights. The heavy porting on the spool is a cosmetic highlight while also decreasing the weight and improving the turning balance. The Superline spool delivers impeccable casting manners which makes it ideal as a medium sized spinning reel for the rocks and beach as well as casting lures from your favourite vessel. The spool also has the recently added Line Capacity Rings now an integral part of the PENN range.
The 5000 size plus the awesome features of the battle II provides the angler with a huge amount of scope for fishing different applications. Strap it to bit of rod with length and you’ll have an awesome weapon for ripping drummer out of the cover of rocks. When you have a few in the bag, switch over to a metal slice and toss it hard into the wash for Tailor, Mackerel and Bonito. You may pick up a prowling Kingfish. And that’s just Saturday. Sunday you can hit the beach and cast pipis for Whiting Dart and Bream. There may be big Salmon on the 5 kilo mark with them, so hang on. You’ll have to wait until next weekend to take the boat out, but it’s fair to say, your imagination is the limit there.
This is all the PENN quality and durability in a reel with striking good looks. Grab one and put it in your shopping basket now.
Features and Specifications
- Type: Spin
- Size: 5000
- Line Capacity (mono) approx: 225yards/12lb, 200 yards/15lb or 135yards/20lb
- Line Capacity (braid) approx: 420 yards / 20lb, 300 yards/30lb or 240 yards of 40lb
- Max Drag: 12kg
- Line per crank: 36 inches Per Turn
- Reel Weight: 559g
- Ratio: 5.6:1
- Full Metal Body, side plate, and rotor
- HT-100 carbon fibre drag washers
- 5+1 shielded stainless steel ball bearings
- Instant Anti- Reverse bearing
- Superline Spool (line not included)
- Line Capacity Rings
Fishing Applications and Fishing Rod Suggestion Guide
The 5000 Penn Battle is a good mid-sized spinning reel that will suit a number of applications such as light casting from the beach rocks or boat on the ocean. For beach and rocks the 5000 size will generally be an ideal fit for a rod rated between around 4-10kg in an 8ft, 9ft or 10ft 6inch size model. it will work well on a short rod for barramundi or mulloway for fishing in rivers and It will match well on a light boat rod with a rating around the 5-10kg mark. These are only a couple of scenarios where one may use a 5000 size fishing reel. If you need help picking a rod from our store simply get in touch with us for some recommendations.
- You’re fishing with the famous power of PENN. It doesn’t get better than this.
- HT-100 drag washers offer up to 20% more drag pressure.
- With max 12kg of drag you have plenty of stopping power to pull up a big fish before he hits the cover.
- The gear ratio is the perfect balance of speed and cranking power.
- The new shielded stainless steel ball bearings will add heaps of working life to your PENN.
- The 5000 is a great size for a general purpose workhorse. Depending on the line class you use and the rod you fix it to it can be effective in most environments and applications from beach to boat to rock and surf.
- Line capacity rings keep you informed as to the time for re-spool. Never go into battle again underarmed.
The PENN Battle II 5000 is a fantastic reel that will become your all-rounder work horse. Built to handle the extremes and plenty of hard core use, you’ll be stunned at how affordable PENN quality actually is. Grab one now for you general purpose arsenal.