- Additional information
- Reviews (0)
DAIWA SALTIGA EXPEDITION FISHING REEL 5500H
If there was a catwalk for fishing reels the Daiwa Saltiga Expedition series would steal the show. If aesthetics and the cosmetic appeal of an ‘egg beater’ is your thing you won’t be able to help yourself. Looking nothing short of fantastic in gold, chrome and blue the Saltiga Expedition reel is the clear winner in the fashion stakes. But just when you thought drop dead gorgeous looks would be enough, the Saltiga Expedition series is as incredible on the inside as it is beautiful on the outside.
The Saltiga Expedition 5500 fishing reel bursts with unrivalled technology. Indeed Daiwa claim, “…the new Saltiga Expedition sets the standard as the best heavy duty reel available.” With the Saltiga Expedition incorporating technology direct from NASA into its design, sceptics will have to go to quite some length to disprove this claim. On spec alone this reel is a must have for the purest and all those anglers who demand the absolute best. This is class, the shelf above the top shelf, zero compromise, the cream of prestige. Read the list below and be blown away by the heavy duty inclusions of this heavy duty masterpiece. You want confidence when tackling our bigger, harder, longer battling species. Confidence is the Daiwa Saltiga Expedition 5500 reel!
Features and Specifications
- Model: SA EX 5500H Saltiga Expedition
- Gear Ratio: 5.7:1
- Ball Bearings: 13+1
- Weight: 635g
- Drag Pressure: 15kg
- Approximate braid line capacity PE 5 (50lb)/350m, PE6 (60lb)/270m
- Real Four, Mag Sealed, Magseal bearings
- Zaion Air Rotor, Rotor Break, Silent Oscillation
- UTD Hyper Tune
- Hyper Digigear, Minimum Offset Gearing
- Twistbuster II, Tough Air Bail, Manual Bail Return
- ABS II
- Super Metal Housing (body and side plate)
- CRBB system
- Hybrid carbon/forged aluminium spool
- Wide Open roller for heavy shock leader, Magseal Line roller
Fishing Applications and Fishing Rod Selection Guide
A 5500 size fishing reel is classed as medium-crossover large. Don’t let ‘medium’ fool you, it will handle some pretty big fish. Great for harbour and break walls, the 5500 will hold its own on the beach, rocks and for offshore boat fishing work. It will give you the upper hand in a wrestle with a decent Mulloway, Snapper or King Fish. Match it with a 6 to 7ft rods rated around 10kg plus or a 10-11ft surf rods rated upto 20kg or an 8 to 9ft spinning rod.
- Mag Seal bearings provide super smooth operation, keeping sand water and dust out completely. The Daiwa Expedition 5500 reel will work as it did out of the box for its long operational life.
- Super strong drag pressure with a specifically designed grease that provides ultra-smooth performance especially when the drag pressure exceeds 10kg. UTD Hyper Tune” uses an all new carbon and metal washer system.
- Great spool capacity to handle the extra long runs.
- 2 piece alloy handle, ergonomic and robust for hard cranking.
- Zaion Air Rotor, Lightweight, balanced and incredibly smooth.
- Super Metal Housing for strength and durability.
The Saltiga Expedition 5500 reel incorporates all the technology of finesse in a reel designed for the brutal battles of our tenacious reef dwellers and ferocious pelagic species. Strap a Saltiga Expedition 5500 on your fishing rod and you’ll look perfectly at home smashing a GT while dressed in a dinner suit. Strength, poise and oceans of class.